Wednesday, March 23, 2011

February happenings

We had a pretty low key mid-winter around here. By some miracle neither of my children have been sick at all since Christmas--not even a runny nose. Very lucky, but I'll take it. We had lovely weather in February and March. Clear sunny skies almost every day with temps around 60 durnig the day allowed us to spend many afternoons outside on our deck and playing in our yard. It was also ideal for Sasha's first skiing experiences since she never got too cold on the mountain. I know I've lived here almost 3 years now, but I still can't get over how incredibly gorgeous the weather is out here. I think those cold, steel-grey skies of January, February and March in the midwest are still very fresh in my mind.


Phil had a birthday mid-month which we celebrated with a Black Forest cake and presents. Jack chose sweatpants for his dad (from one man to another) and Sasha chose chocolate to give him (they both are chocoholics).
We spent many evenings down in our basement where Sasha can burn off all her leftover energy for the day. The newest addition is a simple hook in the ceiling with a rope and bar suspended from it. She loves be a flying trapeze artist and spin around super fast on it before trying to walk across the room. It's pretty entertaining to watch as I'm sure Jack would agree.
We've really enjoyed our new hot tub this winter. It's the perfect way for Phil and I to unwind after the kids are tucked in at night and Sasha loves to splash around it it as well. Since the nights are always very cool here even in the summer, we anticipate using it a lot year round.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: