Sunday, July 6, 2014

April

Shaving is a bath time ritual at our house.  Sasha feels the need to shave her whiskers too.

It always amazes me how the cheapest things thrill the kids and entertain for hours: bubbles, sparklers, Easter egg dye kits.  Hiding the eggs for the kids was so fun this year.  Sasha is pretty competitive by nature, but she did a good job of letting Jack get the obvious ones. 

Sasha helping me to make mango coconut rice pudding one Saturday afternoon.

The kids dressed up to go to our neighbor Hudson's "Backwards and Upside Down" birthday party. 

Sasha doing a landscape pastel painting of the view from our dining room.

We drove down to the botanical gardens on a weekend day for the spectacular show of spring blooms.




Sasha helped me decorate the bunny cake (Gingerich tradition) that we brought to Easter dinner at Aunt Irm and Uncle John's house.

Sasha wanted to repeat our little science experiment we did last year of ordering caterpillars through the mail, watching them transform in to crysalises, and later to butterflies.  She has one of the painted butterflies on her hand ready to release it.  I love the joy on her face!

An after school bike ride on the Santa Fe River path.

Sasha's biggest complaint about violin at times this last year is that she has to stand up, so I've decided to compromise and let her sit down every once in awhile.  She sees me sitting down when I play in orchestras, so I can see her point.


The kindergarten class performed several numbers from "The King and I" for their spring program.  It was really impressive.


No comments: