Wednesday, May 29, 2013

End of April

Sasha trying out the props I bought for the tea party I am hosting in June with another mom from her school. 

Sasha had crazy hair pajama day at school and of course Jack wanted crazy hair too like his big sister.  He also likes to run around the house wearing her long nightgowns these days. 

Sasha and Jack before the Panther Run at one of the elementary schools in town.  Again Jack decided to enter the race at the last minute when he saw what Sasha was going to do. 

Sasha booking it toward the finish line (in the middle of the frame).  Jack came in last but he would have gotten the prize for the littlest runner. 

So thrilled with their medals...

Phil and I went to New Orleans for a few days where he attended a conference.  Here we are at our favorite New Orleans jazz brunch, the Court of Two Sisters. 

I have a new food obsession:  raw oysters on the half shell.  I'm not sure why I haven't experimented with this culinary delight in the past since I consider myself a fairly adventurous eater, but there is no going back now.  Unfortunately when Phil googled "Santa Fe Raw Oysters" in an attempt to see where I might get some back home, the first story that came up was headlined "Santa Fe Woman 10 Days in ICU After Consuming Raw Oysters at Local Eatery" 

No comments: