Thursday, January 10, 2013

Early December

 We hosted a farewell dinner for our dear friends Katja (second from the left) and Kevin before they moved to Portland last month.  I met Katja the month after we moved to town at a park, and she has been one of my closest friends in Santa Fe.  Her daughter, Imogen, Sasha, and another friend Hudson (above) are good buddies.  Katja was one of those friends that I could always count on for a last minute playdate or sound advice about this or that.  I wish them the best, but they will be missed!

 Sasha, my mom, and I went to see a live production of "Annie" and Sasha wore the Annie dress that my mom had made for me when I was 4.  At the end of the show she got to give the real actress wearing the identical dress a hug which Sasha thought was pretty cool.  I love it that Sasha is getting to the age where we can start attending some cultural events together!
Jack is ready for anything this winter.
Sasha up on stage at her Christmas concert.  She took it very seriously this year and loved singing the songs at home too.

Jack and Sasha all spiffed up after the concert.

When we were in Las Vegas, Phil and I picked up a couple of tiny Coca Cola glasses for the kids for souvenirs.  Now a little glass of coke in their glass is a much sought after treat around here.

Our first big snow proved to be perfect for building a snow bunny/creature.

The slide was extra slippery with snow pants on.

Doesn't matter whose birthday it is, Sasha and Jack are completely psyched.  Aunt Megan's red velvet birthday cake was delicious.

No comments: