Monday, July 11, 2011

Gymnastics

Sasha has been taking gymnastics off and on for the past 2 years so I thought it was time to formally document it with a few pictures. Until this last summer session either Phil or I would always be with her to guide her through the routines, but this last class she was deemed old/mature enough to do it on her own and we would wait in the upstairs viewing area.


These classes have been wonderful for teaching her to follow directions from "coach", how to wait in line for her turn, and they have pushed her to try physically challenging moves that she wouldn't have thought to do otherwise.






Sasha giving us the double thumbs up.










The obstacle courses resonate well with her rough and tumble daredevil attitude. She especially loves the days when they have the rope and hanging rings out. I think we'll continue with these classes next year although I sometimes wonder what the end point is for all this....cheerleading?! HELP!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate said...

No, not cheerleading...the Olympics! Though I'm not sure which I'd prefer. Maren secretly has dreams of cheerleading, which we squash at every available opportunity.