Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Photo Shoot and other news

Here are some of my favorites from a late afternoon photo shoot a week ago out in front of our house. This time of year is magical with the yellow chamisa blooming and the golden aspens in the mountains.


Other goings on this week: Three weeks before Jack was born I got an invitation from the Santa Fe Symphony, the professional group in town, to fill in as a substitute violinist for their concert this Sunday October 10. As crazy as it seems, I had to say yes. I've played in lots of orchestras, but never professional groups and this was my first shot at something that has always been a dream of mine. Thank goodness Jack came a couple of weeks early so I am a bit more recovered physically and have been able to squeeze in sufficient practice time between nursing, changing diapers, and caring for Sasha. A big thanks to Phil and my parents who have bent over backwards to help me make this happen so soon after having a baby. Hopefully this will lead to a more full-time gig with the symphony, but for this weekend, I'm just going to enjoy getting to be a part of it all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate said...

That's awesome, Jessica! Glad you are getting to do something you've always dreamed of. I'm sure it will go wonderfully. Great pics, by the way...you look great, too!