Friday, November 20, 2009

Late October



One Saturday last month we drove into the Jemez mountains west of Santa Fe determined to find the natural hot springs that we've heard so much about. The trail was not well marked and we were definitely lost at one point, but we eventually found the clear warm pools in a sunny clearing about 3 miles in. We stripped down to our suits and took a dip. Sasha was beside herself with joy both because we were swimming in the woods and because there were lots of minnows.
Our first snow came before Halloween this year, earlier than most years. It is magical to be out in the country now and wake up to snow covered mountains, pinon, and juniper. I love winter now!

As per tradition, Phil made me a cake from scratch of my choice on the 30th. This year I was in the mood for Black Forest. Sasha loved saying "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" and helping me unwrap presents.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: