Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Indiana trip

Sasha and I went back to Indiana at the end of June for an Erb family reunion among other things. We started out the week driving to Ohio to visit my Grandma Yoder and other family there. Sasha got to pet a baby goat at my uncle's house which was the highlight of the whole week for her I think along with getting lots of attention from her Grandma June and Grandpa Fred.
Sasha is obsessed with cars. Phil is thrilled. One of her favorite activities is to tool around in the car, pushing all the buttons, rotating the mirrors, and pretending to steer. My parent's old VW van, which she referred to as a "Grandpa's cool car", was an endless source of fascination for her that week
It was a bonus that the reunion was at an inn on Lake Michigan and we had great weather. That's the thing I miss about the Midwest the most. I decided after that weekend that beach vacations are the way to go with babies/toddlers. The lake and sand provided hours of self-entertainment.
Sasha with grandma on the porch of the inn. Although it was a fun-filled week for us, Phil missed Sasha terribly and was glad to have us back.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nussbaum Waglers said...

Love the comment about the VW Van. We own an older one with some friends which is the people hauler and truck. I think Henry would live in it if he could!